Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pride Begets Injury

And so another vacation from the mat has begun. The other night while rolling with a classmate, I tweaked my right knee pretty good. I was attacking turtle position with a figure four on the inside arm of my partner in attempts to sink the RNC MG style. It felt like I didn't have my weight placed in the right spot which allowed my partner to turn into me while driving for the single leg. Enter pride - for some reason I thought I could sprawl like BJ Penn does with the leg turned inward (silly me) and then it happened... POP, POP!

Morale of the story: Pride Begets Injury. I should have allowed the transition to happen and continued to work from there. I mean I felt the leg turned inward and felt it stressing. What were you thinking Randy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment