Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Round 2 - A New Beginning

This isn't the first time I've started to blog about my experiences as a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner. The truth is it is my second time. Through the course of my short 4.5 years of training, the one universal truth I've learned about myself is how inconsistent I've been with my training and representation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in my life. With 2009 upon me, I've recommitted myself to the journey to black belt and have enlisted the help of some very close friends and training partners. I've realized the mental commitment for me stands to be the greatest challenge as I live a busy life. This blog represents my desire to hold myself accountable to my renewed commitment to achieve the rank of black belt in a martial art I enjoy with my children. t does black belt mean to me?

The first step in a long journey to know myself. Facing fear head on. Learning and evolving.
Mat Log - Today I have two stripes on my blue belt. Here we go.

4 comments:

Ronnie Chesko said...

press on!

forlogos said...

Just found your blog...I'm looking forward to reading more. Training consistently really is key, hope you get to do so this year!

Out of curiosity, what was the other blog that you used to write in?

forlogos (http://mybjjblog.com/)

Randy San Nicolas said...

Thanks for reading and the encouragement! The other blog I was writing in isn't online anymore. I don't even remember the URL I used.

I really enjoy your blog. Good stuff!

forlogos said...

oh ok, oh well.

And thanks, am glad that you like it!!

forlogos (http://mybjjblog.com/)

Post a Comment